June 23, 2011

Life Rolls On

(Jenny, your bike is looking so stinkin cool)
So I have to tell you that life has been a wicked fun roller coaster lately.  I can only say how greatful I am for the amazing opportunities that have come my way.  So many things have happened lately that I don't even know where to begin.  My blogging skills totally bite, but be patient  - good things to come.

The other day I had the opportunity to go for a ride.  A ride that took me back in time.  A ride that made me cry, but at the same time put a huge smile on my face.  I got to ride with my hubby Brian.  It's been almost 13 years since I have been on a road ride with him.  No, let me explain.  Do you have kids?  Well, I have three of them and thirteen years ago I gave birth to my first amazing child.  That is pretty much when life halted all things fun.  Brian was always watching the kids while I went riding, and I watched the kids while he went riding.  Now, thirteen years later I have started giving them a little bit of responsibility.  As long as they are alive when I return two hours later . . . . it's a good day.  I think I made Brian sweat a little.  He only made me cry once.  Freak, that was a good workout.
Brian has been insanely busy.  I think the hardest part for him is working at home.  He has a small studio building that he builds out of, but when he is at work, it's hard to work.  Here is an example.  Today his friend called to ask to borrow his drift boat to go fishing.  Off he goes with the boat.  Brian goes back to welding, and an hour later gets a panic call saying your boat is at the bottom of the river.  He heads out to save his boat.  Poor guy just wants to work.  He is constantly helping the community and everyone around him.  I just keep telling him to say NO, and throw everyone the bird, but he thinks that his duty is to help the whole universe.  Tonight we are off to teach little boys about bike safety.  Work, what's that?When?  Life around these parts rolls on.  Life is amazing, and I am living it every day.

HEALTH UPDATE:
So far I have been sugar free for 23 days.  I have lost a total of eight pounds( THIRTY to go) and I have more energy than ever.  The only problem is I WANT A FRIGGIN SNICKERS BAR!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bless your hearts, h-dawg! you and bri ARE saving the world! if not with bikes, than with friendship and photos! keep on riding and by-passing the snickers :) you're a rock star!

Heather said...

Oh Jillers, When you coming riding? Thanks for all the nice comments, but I truly think you are the ROCK STAR!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

HANDBUILD BIKES TO FIT YOU!

Welcome to a new attitude in women's cycling and a first in women's specific titanium and steel custom bikes. We know females....because we are females. All women share a common interest. We want to feel comfortable, confident, and strong on our bikes. We also want to look good while riding hard. At Bellarosa we build bikes to fit you using only the finest materials. Our bikes our built in house one at a time from start to finish. 100% handbuilt in the U.S.A. So guess what? We no longer have to ride boy bikes. It's alright to want to ride a bike designed specifically for you. At Bellarosa we can build your dreams.

Map my RIDE

Bike Maintenance Clinic 101

Bike Maintenance Clinic 101
Coming Soon

Cycling Class

Bella Rosa Cyling Class
In the area? Come spin with us.

Monday - 5:45 a.m.

Wednesday - 5:45 a.m.

Search This Blog