February 25, 2010

A Good Read

My husband Brian had surgery this week.  Everything went fine.  He should be back on his feet soon.  His surgery has made me house bound for a few days making me think I might be able to possibly read a book.  I find time to read a good book about once a year so my choices are always selected carefully.  I don't know what it is about finding time to read, but every time I think about picking up a good read I find my children wanting ALL my attention NOW.  Down goes the book!  Maybe tomorrow!  So I have taken every opportunity to find time to read this book by Chris Carmichael.  So far I have been super excited to know that I don't have to put in 20 hours a week on my bike.  Even though that has never happened.  Just think about all the closets I could clean with all the extra hours during the week not in training.  That's right - train in as little as 6 hours a week. 

As cycling's popularity grows with men and women in their thirties, forties, fifties, and beyond, the traditional ideas about training for endurance sports need a new approach to reflect the daily challenges faced by parents and working professionals. In The Time-Crunched Cyclist, Chris Carmichael presents that new approach to cycling training. Using elements from the same program he designed for Tour de France winner Armstrong, this guide shows how to build competitive cycling fitness on a realistic schedule — a schedule that fits into the busy lives of today's active middle-agers. Complete with training plans, case studies, nutritional guidelines, and success stories, "The Time-Crunched Cyclist" shows cyclists how to push the pace in the local group ride, have fun, and perform well in local races, or tackle a challenging 100-mile fundraiser ride without committing to a high-volume training program.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

HANDBUILD BIKES TO FIT YOU!

Welcome to a new attitude in women's cycling and a first in women's specific titanium and steel custom bikes. We know females....because we are females. All women share a common interest. We want to feel comfortable, confident, and strong on our bikes. We also want to look good while riding hard. At Bellarosa we build bikes to fit you using only the finest materials. Our bikes our built in house one at a time from start to finish. 100% handbuilt in the U.S.A. So guess what? We no longer have to ride boy bikes. It's alright to want to ride a bike designed specifically for you. At Bellarosa we can build your dreams.

Map my RIDE

Bike Maintenance Clinic 101

Bike Maintenance Clinic 101
Coming Soon

Cycling Class

Bella Rosa Cyling Class
In the area? Come spin with us.

Monday - 5:45 a.m.

Wednesday - 5:45 a.m.

Search This Blog