May 15, 2010

Pain in the BUTT

Chafing, what a pain in the butt.  Have you ever been on a long ride or run and come home in tears because your buttocks/crotch hurt so bad.  I remember running my very first ten miler.  I got home and said I would never run again.  I could barely walk let alone think of ever wanting to go a mile more.  Well, I am here to attest that you don't have to hurt anymore.   Yeah, you got to get yourself some of this butt butter.  I don't think it really matters what brand you go for - they all serve the same purpose.  To protect your rear end. 


It gets to be a little bit expensive if you are putting in long miles day after day.  I found a homemade recipe that might work.  I have yet to try this.  Let me know if any of you try it out.  It just sounds a little greasy to me.  And too much grease in your shorts can't be good.

Lubrication is simple.
  • Mix up a large vat of petroleum jelly with some antibiotic ointment and some pain reliever ointment. The latter is probably optional, but I use it because I always have.The trick to effective lubrication for a long stage is to use a lot.. Smear the stuff onto the chamois in a large quantity - three fingers worth, minimum. It should feel weird when you put you shorts on.   Read more here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

HANDBUILD BIKES TO FIT YOU!

Welcome to a new attitude in women's cycling and a first in women's specific titanium and steel custom bikes. We know females....because we are females. All women share a common interest. We want to feel comfortable, confident, and strong on our bikes. We also want to look good while riding hard. At Bellarosa we build bikes to fit you using only the finest materials. Our bikes our built in house one at a time from start to finish. 100% handbuilt in the U.S.A. So guess what? We no longer have to ride boy bikes. It's alright to want to ride a bike designed specifically for you. At Bellarosa we can build your dreams.

Map my RIDE

Bike Maintenance Clinic 101

Bike Maintenance Clinic 101
Coming Soon

Cycling Class

Bella Rosa Cyling Class
In the area? Come spin with us.

Monday - 5:45 a.m.

Wednesday - 5:45 a.m.

Search This Blog